I Will Not Kill Myself, Olivia
I Will Not Kill Myself, Olivia by Syzergy Press at Midnight Climax Publishing. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Jimmy Wharton’s good-looking, popular and studies commerce/law at Sydney’s best university. Everything points to him having a wonderful life, but
However, he knows that killing himself would absolutely shatter his high school sweetheart Olivia. So instead of doing so, he promises her that he’ll get the help he needs, and in return, she vows to support him in every way she can. But finding that light at the end of the tunnel proves to be the most challenging, tumultuous, heartbreaking thing either of them have ever had to do. And, just when it looks like they’ve glued their hearts back together again and finally found it, Jimmy’s illness brings him face to face with death.
And in a bizarre twist, also puts Olivia’s life at risk too.
You'll love this book if:
- You’re a fan of intense, gritty, passionate love stories that build towards a climactic, heart-pounding finish.
- You want to relive the highs, the lows and the intoxicating rush that's unique to first love.
- You're a young adult wanting to read about another young adult striving for the same things you are.
- You're interested in understanding depression better; you suffer from depression yourself and you want to feel like you're not alone; or you want to see how you can better support a loved one with depression.
- You're a parent of a young adult wanting to understand how easily your child can tumble into depression, and wanting to prepare yourself to be able to recognise the symptoms if they ever do (tragically, depression strikes about 20% of teens).
- You like books set in magnificent locations (I Will Not Kill Myself, Olivia is set against the stunning backdrop of Australia’s iconic Manly Beach).
You're unlikely to enjoy this book if you:
- Despise swearing.
- Are put off by explicit sex scenes.
- Are after a light-hearted story.
"Centred around Jimmy and Olivia's heartfelt, passionate and troubled love, I WILL NOT KILL MYSELF, OLIVIA is a painfully honest, authentic and provocative novel ... one that presents a mesmerising portrayal of the all-consuming force of depression that dominates the main character ... one that takes the reader on a highly emotional journey ... and one that achieves a perfect balance of emotions, action and drama." The Columbia Review
A modern day Romeo and Juliet - a powerful, heart-wrenching story that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride as Jimmy and Olivia try to hang on desperately to love in the face of Jimmy's mounting depression." Nick Bleszynski, bestselling author
"An explicitly realistic, absolutely intriguing and stunningly gritty novel ... one that snatches the reader's attention right from the start ... and one that provides fantastic food for thought for all young adults." Pacific Book Review
“A romance story that tugs at the heart, and entices readers with pure raw emotion … from steamy, unadulterated throes of passion to being tossed into the deepest, darkest depths of despair, Baker creates an immersive world for Jimmy and Olivia … you will feel their love, experience their torment, and empathize with their pain.” San Diego Book Review
"One of the most singularly powerful books about depression on the market." Midwest Book Review
|Item Weight:||1.01 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.7 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||6 x 1 x 1 inches|